Thursday 14 August 2014

REVIEW/ urban decay naked flushed palette in 'strip'











My ever growing saga of my love for Urban Decay continues with this little palette I bought the other day. Seeing a lot of other bloggers discuss it made me really interested in the concept and I must admit- it's a pretty good purchase to make for a variety of reasons (partly due to the amazing packaging, the urban decay naked range is so sophisticated and looks amazing on show)

Unfortunatly, the Urban Decay store I was in didn't have the different shades of colours on show (such a streak, the newest colour in the 'flushed' range which is suited for paler skin' so the bronzer included is quite dark. The bronzer is a deep red/brown shimmery bronzer with a great colour pay off so not too much product is used at once. Although, it does take quite a lot of blending. Since the bronzer is so shimmery I wouldn't use it for the likes of contouring etc, but more if you want to obtain a sunkissed glow.

The highighter isnt exactly the type of colour I like usually, this one is incredibly shimmery and the dark gold colour makes it seem more like a strange shimmery bronzer than something that gives you a natural glow. I find it quite an unusual consistency and it has a habit of fallout due to the amount of shimmer.

The blusher however is a beautiful colour. It's a deep matte mauve which works incredibly well with a coral lip and beachy waves in your hair. Definitely the blush to give you a wee summer glow. It's my favourite part of the whole palette and it applies very evenly.

Personally, I would go for the paler colour if you have pale skin like me as the amount of shimmer in the 'strip' palette causes some extreme fall out. Although, for £22 this is quite a bargain for a blush, bronzer and highlight. It's all you could really ask for, considering some high end blushes on their own cost like £20, this is definitely a product I'd recommend who wants to buy some high end make up without splurging too much. It's also perfect for travelling due to how compact it is! 

Have you tried the Naked Flushed Palettes? Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading!